WordPress has two built-in privacy settings that allow you to make sure your site is shown to or hidden from search engines. But wouldn’t it be great to be able to hide your site while you work on it? Or maybe create a private, password protected site?
We’ve just added four new levels or privacy and visibility that allow you to choose how your site is seen.
You can now:
- Allow everyone, including search engines.
- Allow normal visitors but block search engines.
- Allow only logged in users of the entire PhotographyBlogSites network.
- Allow only users registered to your site.
- And even block everyone but admin level users of your site – that’s just you!
- Or… Provide a password that protects the whole site!
How to use it:
What can you do with this?
This sounds like a small new feature at first but allows you much more control over your site.
Some ideas for how you might use it:
- Create a password protected site for your boudoir business.
- Make it only accessible to you while you work on design or content changes. This could be a great idea when your free trial has ended and you have activated a subscription but are not quite ready to le the world see your work in progress.
- By requiring logged in users of your site, you could make sure people register as members and create a member only site. Great for email marketing!