Archive for Feb 2012
It’s that time of year again, and we can wait to see everyone at WPPI! We’ll be at Launch Pad and making appearances and doing giveaways with some of our very favorite friends and partners.
The best news is that we’ll be bringing back our Lifetime Deal. That’s $499 for life with no recurring charges EVER! This is an in-person deal ONLY, so check the list and come and find us. Or please just stop by and say hi!
Join Kay and learn to balance a family-friendly business with the art of boudoir photography; place appropriate value on what you offer; market this exciting new photography trend; create unique product lines; and about a community outreach program that will set you apart from your competition. *We’ll be doing a grand prize give-away (worth almost $1,400) of a Lifetime Membership (worth $499), Premium White Glove (worth $599), a Couture SnapShot (worth $299), and on top of that a FREE T-Shirt! (priceless)
Sunday, February 19 from 2-5pm: Launch Pad. Come meet us there! We’ll have a table where we’ll have information about our products. Have a bite to eat, or just stop by to say hello. This is a good place to find us for those Lifetime Memberships.
Monday, February 20th at 2:00pm: SmugMug Booths #1528/1529. We’ll be doing a Product Demonstration of how our fabulous SmugMug integration works with our BlogSites and talking about how to create a better more cohesive web presence. The best part, we’ll also be giving away a Lifetime Membership! (worth $499)
Last but not least, come find us at the SnapKnot Booth #1132. Date TBA. We’ll be giving away another Lifetime Membership. (worth $499)
WordPress has two built-in privacy settings that allow you to make sure your site is shown to or hidden from search engines. But wouldn’t it be great to be able to hide your site while you work on it? Or maybe create a private, password protected site?
We’ve just added four new levels or privacy and visibility that allow you to choose how your site is seen.
You can now:
- Allow everyone, including search engines.
- Allow normal visitors but block search engines.
- Allow only logged in users of the entire PhotographyBlogSites network.
- Allow only users registered to your site.
- And even block everyone but admin level users of your site – that’s just you!
- Or… Provide a password that protects the whole site!
How to use it:
What can you do with this?
This sounds like a small new feature at first but allows you much more control over your site.
Some ideas for how you might use it:
- Create a password protected site for your boudoir business.
- Make it only accessible to you while you work on design or content changes. This could be a great idea when your free trial has ended and you have activated a subscription but are not quite ready to le the world see your work in progress.
- By requiring logged in users of your site, you could make sure people register as members and create a member only site. Great for email marketing!